Thursday, September 26, 2013

Our Blue Apron Box Has Arrived ~ September 2013

I first heard about Blue Apron at Ramblings of a Suburban Mom. After visiting the website, I thought the hubby and I would give this service a try. After all, we love to cook and try new foods and recipes.

Blue Apron describes itself as a "new concept in grocery delivery, built around incredible cooking experiences. We offer a once-a-week subscription service where we deliver all the fresh ingredients you need to make three meals, in exactly the right proportions. We've designed our service to teach you fun new recipes, save prep time and also reduce unnecessary waste. By letting us shop for you, we can bring you fresher and higher-quality food than you can get on your own in the supermarket, and for better prices.

To subscribe, you create your account, choose the type of plan you want (meat and seafood or vegetarian) and the number of people you want to feed. (2,4,6) You can skip meal deliveries, change servings but you can't pick your 3 recipes. Oh, and they only send you enough ingredients for that the recipe calls for.(no waste)

The cost includes priority shipping. So, for $9.99 per person, per meal, you can have a fun time making a delicious and healthy meal. For this order, we selected 3 meals, 2 people, at $59.94.


Our Blue Apron box was dropped off by OnTrac this morning. Since it weighed about 15 pounds, my husband brought it inside, opened and unpacked it. (I'm still under the weather~fighting a viral infection)

Check out these colorful recipe cards. I'm really looking forward to trying the Shrimp Spaghettini and Stuffed Peppers.

Wow! My husband said he was really impressed with the packaging. (ice packs, box is lined) Come to think of it, I am too.

We love the fresh vegetables and herbs. Can't wait to start cooking!

I think I see millet, radishes and organic chicken broth.

The Knick-Knacks contained the condiments and cheeses needed for the recipes. Also, included: 2 chicken breast, fresh shrimp and lean ground beef. They really do think of everything.

This morning, my husband and I made the Mexican-Style Chopped Salad so that he could take some for lunch. Blue Apron provided enough ingredients to make a large salad. WooHoo.

The Mexican-Style Chopped Salad came with with 2 chicken breast. I just grilled one breast, sliced it and placed his salad in a container, for lunch.

We love the idea of trying different recipes and having all of the ingredients sent to our home. The service is a good way to get out of a cooking rut too. And finally, it really was fun cooking together.

2 comments:

Chava said...

That is a fantastic idea! Knowing the Georgia postal system it'd either end up lost or at the neighbors instead of at our house lol! I like the idea though! You can't get all that for 10 dollars per meal at the grocery anymore.

I hope you get feeling better soon!

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Chava,
Yes, I agree that Blue Apron is very affordable. And delicious.

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...