Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Social ~ September 29, 2013



Sunday Social

1. What is your dream job
?
Oh, that would be a paid moderator with HuffPostLive. I enjoy being able to chat with the Community, have your questions or comments read to the guests or appear as a Google Hangout guest. If you read my blog, you probably know that I'm a fan.

2. If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time?
I no longer work so my daily life wouldn't change much. I would love to travel, once a year, with my hubby. And I would have funds to seek alternative pain management treatments.

3. What piece of career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?
I worked in the call center industry for more than 20 years. I was able to work at home, for 7 years. I would recommend that one stay current with customer service trends, keep their computer skills current (word processing, spreadsheets, etc) and develop multitask skills.

And if you're working at home, make sure to keep your computer equipment updated and maintained. Also consider having backup headsets, keyboards for emergencies. I actually spilled coffee on a keyboard, during a work shift. I had to log off, contact my supervisor and run to Walmart for another one. Yikes.

4. What would be your ideal "just for fun" job?
That's easy! I love being a housewife. I actually have fun cooking, baking, cleaning and decorating our home. And I get lots of wonderful benefits. (kisses, hugs)

5. What was your first "real" job?
I had a job as a secretary, for a property management company. I actually thought that's what I wanted to do with my life. I was fired 2 weeks later. That was a blessing.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Isn't it great when you figure out that things happen for a reason such as losing a job that isn't right for you? It's always such a feeling of relief to know you've dodged a bullet.

Thanks for dropping by my blog for Sunday Social. Hope your new week and month are going well!

Cheers,
Shauna

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Shauna,
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...