Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursday Thoughts ~ September 12, 2013



This is my first time participating in Ramblings of a Suburban Mom's Thursday Thoughts. I really love her blog. If you're looking for the 101 on subscription boxes definitely check out her out.

This gal is so sick these last few days. I caught a cold bug, which is aggravating my chronic pain level. So for a distraction I've been watching lots of TV, like Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Am I alone in thinking in this series the ladies have more parties and luncheons than the others?



When I won a DNA kit our son asked if he could have it. He's always wanted to have his DNA tested so I was thrilled to pass it on. Our son, Marcus, recently received his DNA results back from . The Ancestry Composition results came with some wonderful surprises. 88% Sub-Saharan African, 10.3% European, .05% East Asian and Native American and 1.3% unassigned equals 100% Marcus Berry.

They were able to trace his father's ancestors DNA to Northern Europe.(Denmark, Sweden, Norway) While mine was traced to Coastal Western Africa. We always knew he's just one terrific pot of stew. The DNA test kits are $99. If you're interesting in a DNA test, head to 23andme

As a HuffPostLive fan I'm not thrilled that they end their live day at 3pm PST nor that my girl, Nancy Redd hasn't been on for a couple of weeks. :( The good news is Nancy is returning next Monday. WooHoo!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh those ladies have the life don't they? I don't have as much fanciness in a year as they do in umm, a day. And so much make-up. All the time!

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Jennifer,
I know. I heard Tamara, RHOC, say that because of the cameras, she has to go out in full makeup.

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...