Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Martha Stewart Speaks!



In case you haven't seen or heard about the Buzz over Martha Stewart's comments regarding bloggers, please click on the video above.

Now, I have to say that I was not surprised by her comments. Ms. Stewart has been known for not being the most generous person. Especially if you're messing with her money. Her empire is suffering lost sales and she's looking for someone to blame. So, when the Bloomberg host asked her about her feelings about social media, Martha let us all know where she's coming from.

But in this social media world we know it doesn't take much for people to get upset. And when you piss off bloggers...Well, let's just say, "You better head for cover".

Now that you've seen the video, what do you think of her comments?

2 comments:

susan-klement.com said...

I think what she says is true for some bloggers--it really makes me angry when I see posts that I know are copied. Like Repiny makes me just want to scream--the whole site is about stealing peoples pictures! I saw a recipe on another site that I know was stolen wholesale from another blogger that had it up long ago. That doesn't mean that there aren't any bloggers that are ethical and hard workers, though, and I think it is kind of ludicrous to talk about experts when you are talking about lifestyle blogs. Lifestyle is how you live, and it either resonates with other people or it doesn't.

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Great points Susan. I never thought about the fact that some bloggers don't give credit to others' work.

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...