Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Happy Birthday Marcus!

Today is our son's 22nd birthday! As he gets older I am reminded that my role, as a mother, my role has changed. It's a welcome change to now have an adult child. Gone are the days of school events, sports, runny noses and occasional tears.

These days, it's a quieter, cleaner house, with texts instead of phone calls."Hello Mom."

But today, I am reminded of the beautiful brown bundle, that the nurse, placed in my arms. Who I swear smiled back at me. "Mom, Don't worry. We're going to be alright".

Happy Birthday Marcus! (Marcus and hubby, Christmas 2012)

5 comments:

Colette S said...

I'm many years away from this stage. Happy birthday to your love.
They will always be your babies right?

Simone said...

I've known you for a long time. Marcus was nowhere close to being 22. In fact, I think he was about 15??? I hope he has a wonderful birthday! You've raised a very handsome son.

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Thank you Colette. Yes, they're always our babies.

Simone,
Yes, can you believe he's 22 yrs old? I remember when I started this blog in 2005. That was 9 years ago.

Becky L. said...

my baby boy is gonna be 30 in March. He's married and a daddy of our two adorable grandchildren. Time does fly by and life changes and we go on, remembering the years of when our children were young. Last week while going over to the coast by myself, memories of things they'd say on trips were in my head, making me laugh and bringing a few tears to my eyes as well. Happy Birthday, Marcus!

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Thank you Becky. Marcus definitely appreciates the birthday wishes. (me too)

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...