Tuesday, July 01, 2014

9 Summer Survival Tools When You Have A Chronic Illness



It never fails that during a chronic illness support group meeting, someone will ask for tips for enjoying a summer vacation or outing. As a chronic pain sufferer, I can tell you that it's always difficult for me to participate in outside activities over the years. And as my chronic pain conditions have evolved, I've found that I really have to really plan.

So, I was really thrilled to see an article by Lisa Copen, Founder of National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week and Rest Ministries, sharing her summer survival tips at Huffington Post!

What works for me? Taking a nap during the day, not over-planning and taking time for quiet.

Now it's your turn. What works for you? And don't forget to read 9 Summer Survival Tools When You Have a Chronic Illness.

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...