Monday, August 11, 2014

I'm In Recovery Mode



Last Thursday, I was rushed to emergency with Stroke symptoms. (drooping facial muscles, slurred speech) After running initial tests, the doctor decided to admit me to the hospital. The conclusion: I had a severe Migraine

I was released on Saturday, need to follow up with my doctor, monitor my blood pressure daily. Today, I'm still loopy. Not sure if that's the results of the dye injection for one of the MRI test but so glad to be home!

I prayed that the Lord would get me through the physical pain but I did have to opiates to relief the pain. As soon as I felt a little better I requested that they switch me to aspirin.

I want to thank everyone for the prayers and positive words. They definitely meant a lot to my family and I. In the meantime, I'm going to be kind to my body and listen to it more.

3 comments:

Becky L. said...

Glad you are ok and you continue to improve. I will be praying for you. Hugs!

Marsha said...

Goodness, girl! I'm glad you're okay. Praying you feel better every day.

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Thank you ladies. I'm on the path of recovery.

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...