Friday, September 19, 2014

September is National Pain Awareness Month

I'm a mom, a wife, and a chronic pain sufferer. Yes, it's been 14 years of living with terrible 24 hour pain. It has taken many things away from me. Lost of job, energy, patience, and sometimes, my humor. I almost lost my life, when I attempted suicide in April 2010.

My chronic pain has brought me many new experience, as well. I was able to work from home for many years. We were able to home school our son from 7th grade to graduation. He thrived in that environment! And speaks of it fondly!

As I've gotten older, my chronic pain has evolved. I've been to the hospital 3 times this year, so far. Oh, and admitted to the hospital for erratic blood pressure and possible stroke. I've suffered from numerous skin infections that took months, several doctor's visits, and assortment of medications to clear up.

When I had to stop working in 2010, I felt like I no longer had an answer to, "What do you do for a living"? It was time for me to create a new path for myself. Actually it was the nature course of things that lead me towards the benefits of Twitter and HuffPost Live.



So, let's not forget that life brings us moments that require for us to adapt. It just does.

Please don't close yourself off to accepting new experiences into your life. Hopefully, through this journey, we call Life, you will find joy.

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...