Sunday, September 07, 2014
Sunday Social ~ September 7, 2014
A Complete Waste of Makeup
1. 5 Things you want us to know about you: 1. I have to have a cup of coffee, in the morning. Okay, maybe 2 cups but that's my limit!
2. I've only lived with one guy and that's my husband.
3. As Wendy Williams says, "I'm a wiggie"! When my hair started falling out, I decided I would wear them!
4. If you listen carefully, you'll catch a bit of a Southern Maine accent. When I ask for a glass of water, at a restaurant, my son usually says, "Let me translate" to the confused waiter or waitress.
5. I'm a big "Law & Order" fan. I'm not talking about SVU but the original one! I even had the "Law & Order" theme song as my ringtone for awhile. These days, I'm still able to get my 'fill' by watching episodes on Netflix. "Go get 'em Lenny Briscoe"!
2. 5 Favorite things about blogging: 1. I love reading my favorite home decor, plus- size, and home cook blogs.
2. Entering blog contests and of course, occasionally winning prizes.
3. Discovering new blogs to read and/or follow.
4. Documenting the happenings and things that interest me on my blog.
5. Learning about what life is like in different parts of the US and other countries
3. 5 Things you are doing before the year is over: 1. Celebrating my hubby's 52nd birthday
2. Participating in the Conquer Chiari Walk Across America.
3. Travel to San Diego.
4. Plan another romantic weekend with my husband. maybe Christmas weekend
5. Finish my 2014 reading list!
4. 5 Favorite Fall Fashion Staples:
*turtlenecks, long sleeve shirts, tall boots, jeans, scarves *when it gets cold enough in Las Vegas to wear this stuff
5. 5 Favorite beauty products: mascara, Smashbox photo finish face primer, Smashbox lip primer, Revlon Photo Finish foundation, eyebrow powder, anti-aging moisturizer w/ SPF protection
My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...
When I'm short on time and still need to make dinner this is my go-to recipe . What's your go-to recipe? Korean Beef with Brown...
Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life topic for this week is desserts! Just in time for the holiday season! Our family favorite desserts ...
I'm a huge fan of pancakes and love making them from scratch. Here's the recipe that I've been using for years courtesy of Bett...