Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Just Received "Independent Ed" by Ed Burns and Todd Gold



Just when I was pondering what book to read next, I received an email informing me that I had won an advance copy of "Independent Ed: Inside a Career of Big Dreams, Little Movies, and the Twelve Best Days of My Life" by Edward Burns and Todd Gold.

I've always found Mr. Burns interesting. He's an actor, director, writer, that made his first movie at 25 years old, for just $25,000. The Brothers McMullen went on to win awards and establish him in the Indie movie field.

He's gone on to act in Entourage and Mob City, as well as promote online distribution for movies and TV shows.

I'm always interested in reading about people who chose a different route to take. It's not always easy but when you decide to not to follow the pack, it be the most rewarding!

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...