Monday, October 06, 2014

My Chronic Pain Journey Thus Far



Over these 14 years of living with Chronic Pain, in my best Betty Davis voice, "It's definitely been a long and bumping ride". No surprise, my pain conditions have evolved as I have gotten older. Some symptoms have disappeared, like years of migraine headaches. While new ones have popped up, like the arthritic pain that's been developing in my hands this year.

This year, I've experience 3 visits to ER, with a hospital stay due to erratic blood pressure and increase pain. The conclusion, after several tests, no conclusion. I was sent home and advised to follow up with my primary.

My body is exhausted and more prone for infections, like colds, flu. And with the additional stress my Hidradenitis Suppurativa has been on overdrive. It's a vicious cycle and first thing I need to do is 'calm things down'.

So, what's the plan? No new medications or procedures have been ordered. As my own health advocate, I'm planning on pursuing a holistic wellness, as well as therapy, to deal with the anxiety and stress. Hopefully, that will bring many of symptoms stable.

4 comments:

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

My goodness, I'm so sorry about your struggle with chronic pain! You always have such a great attitude about this! Lifting you up in prayer! Do take care of yourself!

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Thank you Betsy. You're so kind.

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

Thank you Betsy. You're so kind.

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...