Friday, January 30, 2015

Southern Biscuits 101



I've been baking biscuits since I was 15 years old so you would think I would have it down. Well, not exactly! My husband complained that my biscuits didn't taste like Pillsbury biscuits. Okay honey!

Over the years, I've picked up some great biscuit making tips. Thank you to all of the wonderful home cooks and bakers. Here's just a couple of my "Must Do".

Use cake flour. If the recipe calls for 2 cups flour, use 1 cup flour, 1 cup of cake flour.

Don't forget to shift your dry ingredients. You'll want those ingredients well mixed and this is one way of doing it!

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...