Monday, April 06, 2015

HuffPost Live: Is The Term 'Plus-Size' Is Harmful To Self-Esteem ?



Several plus-size models want to change the modeling world's beauty standards by dropping the ‘plus’ in plus-size with their new campaign.

The organizer, Ajay Rochester, joined Nancy Redd, Tess Munster and Chanel Parks discuss the #DropThePlus campaign.

Well as a plus size person, I love that it's a separate industry. When I'm looking to go shopping online, I just type in plus size and have an variety of terrific stores to chose from. Ask a plus size designer about cutting the fabrics so that they're flattering for us.

In my opinion, this is the year of the plus size girl-woman. From Tess Munster being signed to a major modeling company to many celebrities launching or becoming the face of clothing lines and finally, having designer swimsuits available. "I'm so happy about that"!

You can call me curvy, busty or plus size. I'm okay with that. I know it. I own it!

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...