Saturday, June 27, 2015

Movie Recommendation: "Cake" Is Now Available On Netflix !



Wikipedia synopsis: Cake is a 2014 American drama film written by Patrick Tobin, directed by Daniel Barnz, and starring Jennifer Aniston, Adriana Barraza, Felicity Huffman, William H. Macy, Anna Kendrick, and Sam Worthington.

It debuted in the Special Presentations section of the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival.

"Claire" is an acerbic but pleasant woman who has become embittered with her life after surviving a car accident, which killed her child and left her in chronic pain. Her fascination with Nina, a woman in her chronic pain support group who recently committed suicide, leads her to visit Nina's home and befriend her husband and son. Together, Claire and Nina's husband deal with their losses.


I've been wanting to see this movie since it's release last year but sitting in those theater chairs is extremely uncomfortable. So, when my husband asked me if I wanted to see a movie, on Netflix, he checked new releases, and asked me if I wanted to see 'Cake'. My response, "Of course, Yes"!

As a 15 year chronic pain sufferer, I found myself identifying to Claire's journey. Yes, there were moments of sadness but hubby and I laughed too. I highly recommend this movie to chronic pain sufferers and their loved ones, to enjoy together.

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...