Monday, September 21, 2015

Menu Plan Monday ~ Sept. 21, 2015

Hubby and I enjoyed a busy, wonderful and rewarding weekend in our neck of the woods. Saturday, we attended the 'Walk Across America' in Las Vegas. The event was hosted by Christine S., a family friend and Chiari Malformation sufferer.

This year I felt well enough to participate in the walk with my husband. I talked with several sufferers, learned and discovered that we had much in common, as Spoonies. Here's hoping that 2015 will bring great news of a cure.



Saturday night, we attended Pigs For Kids Championship BBQ, this event benefit 3 children cancers charities. Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation, Cure for the Kids Foundation and Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation.

The food was amazing! At least that's what my husband said while enjoying ribs and baked beans. I was able to enjoy pulled pork with no sauce but I did have to medicate myself before, during and after so I didn't have a severe attack. It was truly worth it.

There was live music, games, ride, and vendors too. We really enjoyed out busy Saturday!



Organized Junkie

This week's menu is all about chicken and pork. We purchased several whole chickens and a pork tenderloin on sale.

Chicken Soup

Chicken and Pork Stir fry, Rice

Crockpot Chicken, Steamed Collard Greens and Mushrooms, Drop Biscuits

Chicken and Stuffing

Pork, Veggies Pasta Soup

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...