Sunday, December 20, 2015

The Nested Nomad: The 5 Secrets of People Whose Homes are Always Clean

Many times, after sharing photos on my social media platforms, I am asked, "Do you really keep your home that clean all the time"?

The answer is Yes! But I always want to give an disclaiming so here it goes.

First, due to my numerous chronic pain conditions, I am unable to sit, lie, stand, etc for very long. This forces me to get up and walk around freqently. As I do that, I'll tidy up along the way.

Cleaning is also a good distraction to my 24 hour pain. I'll put on some music, make my way around the house with my cleaning supplies.

It takes me much longer to do a task. Remember when I mentioned my chronic pain conditions? Well I also have physical restrictions so I have to numerous breaks just to fold the laundry. But I will put it back into the basket if I can't finish it.



It's just the 2 of us now. My husband and I have been emptynesters for almost a year. Having just 2 people to clean up after is much easier than 3. Especially when the 3rd was described as a hurricane.

My husband and I aren't clutter people. Clutter has always bothered me since I was a child. So when I fell in love with my husband, I was thrilled to know that he didn't like it either! We don't have many clothes either. Just items that we can mix and match!



I make our bed practically every day. I remember someone saying that a made bed makes a bedroom look tidy and organized. And since our bedroom can actually be seen from the kitchen and living space, I make a habit of making it as soon as I get my first sip of morning coffee!



Even on my days off, when I'm going to be in bed all day. I'll make the bed, prop the pillows on my side and climb back into bed! Okay, I know what you're thinking, "What a sick *%$#"! Just know you're not alone in that thinking.

Take a look at The Nested Nomad's 5 Secrets of People Whose Homes Are Always Clean to learn more.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Rona, you have a beautiful home and are a wonderful inspiration to me.

Rona Berry-Morin said...

Thank you so much for saying that Linda. You made my day.

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...