Friday, January 01, 2016

My New Years Day Look 2016

I woke up this morning to welcome the New Year wanting a casual but fun, trendy look. And I really think I've achieved it!

Let's start with my pixie hairstyle. First of all, I've never really thought about styling my pixie wig till I spoke to E. She was kind of enough to offer to come over with her flat iron so we could create some new styles.

But over the holidays, I caught a glimpse at Mode's 3 Short Hairstyles video. Not only was intrigued but I was inspired to do it myself.

Footnote: The model, Monanalani's eyebrows are amazing! Just check out the video below for inspiration!



My top is from Gwynnie Bee clothing rental subscription. ASOS Curve Origami Top with Animal Print shows off my hairstyle and features.



I finished my look with 2 bling hair pins that I purchased on sale, at the drugstore.



I received some wonderful beauty advice from the HuffPost Live beauty squad last year. When rocking short close hairstyles, you can use bold colors. Emphasis on one focus point that you want to pop. That's usually means my lips. I just love red.

2 comments:

Linda said...

The pixie hair do is cute...very becoming. Isn't it nice to have choices?

Rona Berry-Morin said...

Most definitely YES!

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...