Tuesday, November 15, 2016

#WhatsForDinner Pork Stew



No written or oral recipe for the dish. I just added fresh chopped vegetables that would compliment pork. Organic butternut squash, sweet potato, and carrots were uniformly chopped. I then cut the pork into similar sizes to the veggies.

The next step was to layer each vegetable in the Dutch oven evenly based on cooking time. Sweet potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, and pork. (I did roast the butternut squash for 30 minutes prior to added it to the dish) Just salt and pepper each layer. Eyeballed the level of water to 1/4 full.

I turned the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Set the kitchen timer to 1 hour. (our old oven runs hot)

Oh! I did add fresh green beans at the final 5 minutes of cooking. Let the Dutch oven sit on the counter for a 30 minutes with the top on.

A delicious meal for the whole family!

No comments:

Featured Post

Family Summer Book Club

My daughter-in-law came up with this fun idea to promote summer reading with our granddaughter. But we quickly realized it's fun for the...