Saturday, December 17, 2016

Icing and Decorating Sugar Cookies With My Granddaughter

Last night, I baked a batch of homemade sugar cookies. I love baking! Especially this time of year!

Our oldest granddaughter joined me in the icing and decorating. We had a great time chatting while finishing our yummy creations.


I made the cookie icing from scratch. Just a cup of confectionery sugar and 3-4 teaspoons of water. P.S. I ended up adding more sugar because the texture wasn't to my liking.

After allowing the icing to set, it was time to add some color! I decorated with gold sprinkles while our granddaughter used the pink sprinkles her cookies.

The family loved the cookies. Only 2 of them mentioned missing the butter taste.
I'm so glad I made plenty of cookies. We gave several to the neighbors, who quickly gobbled them up.

By the way, I use a butter recipe. I found this sugar cookie recipe at Country Crock website using margarine.

No comments: